Health Zone at Saint Francis now offers metabolic testing in the fitness testing area.
This assessment will measure several things:
- The amount of calories your body needs to function
- The amount of calories you need to consume each day to achieve your fitness goal, whether that is weight loss or greater athletic performance
- The point (aerobic base heart rate) that is the highest intensity at which your body still uses fat as it’s dominant fuel
- The highest sustainable intensity of exercise, know as your threshold, that your body can sustain and still burn fat efficiently
- The rate at which your body absorbs oxygen, which your body requires to burn fat
Health Zone offers two separate assessments. The first measures the resting metabolic rate (RMR). The second measures the metabolic rate during exercise. This is where the client will learn how many calories their body burns during exercise, whether those calories come from fats, carbohydrates or a combination of both; and at what intensity level they burn calories most efficiently.
Learn More About Metabolic Testing at Health Zone
To learn more, or to purchase and schedule testing, please contact 918-494-8222.