A Mind and Body Stress Reduction Program
When emotional and physical pain and symptoms continue to recur in life, the Mind Over Matters program
offers solutions for accepting and coping with life situations. Two decades of research have consistently shown the skills taught and methods used in this program are an effective treatment choice. Learn to use your mind and body to take charge of your life and cope more effectively with stress.
Stress is real. It can be emotional or physical and sometimes both. This program has been helpful to individuals struggling with conditions such as stress, heart disease, cancer, chronic pain, anxiety, panic, GI distress, fibromyalgia, headaches, fatigue and clinical depression. Interestingly, the methods in this program have been shared for centuries by many faith traditions in order to enhance quality of life.
Eight weekly sessions
Health Zone, 5353 East 68th Street, east entry
Spring session: Monday, March 31, 2014, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
By enrolling in this program you are making a commitment to improve your quality of life, tap into inner resources, and learn to use them for coping with stress, pain, illness and the demands of life.
Components of the Program
• Mindfulness: "paying attention, non-judgmentally, on purpose"
• Discovering the type of awareness that can lead to freedom
• Gentle stretching and strengthening exercises
Prior to attending the class, participants must have one individual session to discuss goals. If you are being treated for a medical illness, a release from your doctor may be requested.
- Practical coping skills to improve your ability to handle stressful situations
- Methods for being physically and mentally relaxed and at ease
- Gentle, full body conditioning exercises to strengthen your body and release muscular tension
- How to recognize "automatic pilot" thinking and ways to interrupt habitual thought patterns
- How to have a choice to respond rather than reacting to people, events and thoughts
- How to step back from unproductive thinking and worry
- How to cope with uncomfortable feelings without getting overwhelmed by them or running from them
Please note, for full benefit, this program requires weekly attendance and approximately 45-minutes of your time on a daily basis. The central focus of the program is mindful attention (relaxed and focused) and related practices.
The program will be held for eight consecutive weeks, is limited in size and requires a one-time payment of $400. The tuition includes all materials and must be paid in full prior to beginning the program. An initial visit with Lindsay Patterson, Ph.D., is required prior to participation.
Learn More About Mind Over Matters
Please call Dr. Lindsay Patterson with questions or to enroll at 918-491-5712
. You may also email Dr. Patterson at email@example.com