Here are some questions to ask your doctor before having a breast biopsy. It may help to bring a family member or friend along to help take notes.
- What type of biopsy do you recommend? Why?
- How does the size of my breast affect the procedure?
- Where will you do the biopsy?
- Will there be a hole there? Will it show afterward?
- What exactly will you do?
- How long will the biopsy take?
- Will I be awake or asleep during the biopsy?
- Will there be stitches?
- Can I drive home afterward or will I need someone to drive me?
- When can I take a shower?
- When can I go back to work? Will I be tired?
- Will my activities be limited?
View a printable list of questions to ask your doctor.