Before Your Mammogram
If you have questions about whether or not your insurance will pay for your exams, please contact your insurance carrier.
Day of Testing:
- Arrive 15 minutes before scheduled exam time.
- Bring your insurance card, proof of identification and co-payment if any.
- Bring previous mammograms, unless previous mammogram performed at Saint Francis location (very important)
- If having a diagnostic mammogram or high-risk screening mammogram, you must bring the physician’s order from your doctors, or make sure one has been faxed to the Breast Center prior to arriving for your appointment. If scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram or high-risk screening and the Breast Center does not have an order when you arrive, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to stay in the waiting room without adult (18 or older) supervision, nor will they will be allowed in the exam rooms with patient.
- Allow 30 minutes for a screening exam.
- Allow up to two hours for a diagnostic exam.
- Allow 30 minutes for a bone density exam.
- Do not wear deodorant, body powder or perfume.
- Two-piece clothing is the most comfortable and convenient.
- Deodorant is available after the mammogram.
About Your Exam
- Compression thins and spreads out breast tissue in order to provide a clear, readable mammogram.
- We compress for SECONDS to preserve YEARS.
- Radiation: You are exposed to about the same amount of radiation on a flight from New York to California. Mammography emits a very low dose of radiation.
Schedule Your Mammogram Today
to schedule an appointment at a location near you. Telephones are answered Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Saint Francis Breast Center
|| Breast Screening Center at |
|6475 South Yale Avenue
|| Saint Francis Broken Arrow |
|Natalie Medical Building, Suite 410
|| 2950 South Elm Place |
|Tulsa, OK 74136
|| Broken Arrow, OK 74012|
|918-494-9270; (fax) 918-502-9523