What do I need to know about using the call light?
Please use the call light system to get help from our nursing staff. The clinical secretary will answer your call.
- Tell us if you need immediate help.
- Tell the clinical secretary exactly what you need and the clinical secretary will page the appropriate staff member.
- Please allow up to 10 to 15 minutes for a response since staff members could be helping another patient; however, most calls are answered in much sooner.
Are there any children’s activities available at The Children’s Hospital?
Yes, the Children's Hospital was built with children and families in mind.
Patient Playrooms: Available within the floor on Level B, Level 2 and Level 3 and are open to patients and their immediate family.
Teen Room: Available on Level 2 and is open to patients and their immediate family 12 to 18 years old.
In-Room Entertainment: Each room is equipped with Wi-Fi and gaming system. A small amount of movies and video games are available on each floor at the main nurse’s station. A larger selection is available in the Family Resource Library, located on Level A, for families to check out. Books are available in the Family Resource Library as well.
Arts and Crafts: Activities are available in the playrooms and by request from your nurse, nurse tech, Child Life specialist or Child Life volunteer.
What are the playroom safety rules?
Patient health and safety is our first concern. The playroom is for patients to use and enjoy during their visit. All playroom rules are listed below and posted in the playrooms.
- The playrooms will only be open when a volunteer is able to supervise.
- No food or drink should be brought into the playroom for any reason.
- If a toy has been “mouthed”, or appears dirty, please place it in the “Dirty Toy Bin” located in the playroom.
- When finished playing, please remember to clean up.
What are the rules for the outdoor playground?
Again, patient health and safety is our first concern. The outdoor playground is available to patients and their immediate family. Rules for the outdoor playground are posted below and on the playground and are expected to be followed.
- Playground equipment is available during daylight hours and may be closed due to bad weather.
- Equipment must be used properly. Running, pushing or shoving is not allowed.
- Jumping off play equipment is not allowed.
- Slide sitting on your bottom, feet first, one at a time.
- Shoes are required.
- Avoid clothing with strings, such as hospital gowns or hoods on coats. This type of clothing may be a potential risk for harm.