By instituting the subspecialty of child abuse pediatrics, The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis is at the forefront of research and education in this emerging field.
The pediatricians at The Children’s Hospital who specialize in child abuse pediatrics serve as an invaluable resource to children, families and the community at large by:
- Accurately diagnosing abuse
- Consulting with community agencies on child safety
- Providing expertise in courts of law
- Treating consequences of abuse and neglect
- Directing child abuse and neglect prevention programs
- Participating on multidisciplinary teams investigating and managing child abuse cases