Frederick V. Schaefer, Ph.D., FACMG
Director, Molecular Genetics Laboratory
- B.S. - University of Maryland
- M.S. - North Carolina State University
- Ph.D. - North Carolina State University
- Diplomate, American Board of Medical Genetics in Clinical Molecular Genetics
Completed postdoctoral training at Fox Chase Cancer Institute in Philadelphia. Moved to Oklahoma to develop the Molecular Genetics Section at the H.A. Chapman Institute of Medical Genetics. Dr. Schaefer has led the molecular genetics laboratory for 17 years adapting cutting-edge research techniques into practical clinical tools for patient diagnosis and DNA testing.
Lynne Whetsell, MB (ASCP)
- B.S. - Texas A & M University
- The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) in Molecular Biology
Prior to joining the Center for Genetics at Saint Francis, Lynne Whetsell joined the staff at the H.A. Chapman Institute of Medical Genetics in 1988 as technical staff in the Molecular Genetics Section. Ms. Whetsell obtained her NCA certification in Molecular Biology in 1997 and is currently a Member of the Association of Molecular Pathologists.