Frederick V. Schaefer, Ph.D., FACMG
Director, Molecular Genetics Laboratory
- B.S. - University of Maryland
- M.S. - North Carolina State University
- Ph.D. - North Carolina State University
- Diplomate, American Board of Medical Genetics in Clinical Molecular Genetics
Completed postdoctoral training at Fox Chase Cancer Institute in Philadelphia. Moved to Oklahoma to develop the Molecular Genetics Section at the H.A. Chapman Institute of Medical Genetics. Dr. Schaefer has led the molecular genetics laboratory for 17 years adapting cutting-edge research techniques into practical clinical tools for patient diagnosis and DNA testing.
Nancy J. Carpenter, Ph.D., FACMG
Director, Cytogenetics Laboratory
- B.A. - Albion College
- M.S. - The University of Michigan
- Ph.D. - The University of Michigan
- Diplomate, American Board of Medical Genetics in Medical Genetics, Clinical Cytogenetics and Clinical Molecular Genetics
Dr. Carpenter served as Associate Director and Head, Section of Cytogenetics, at the H.A. Chapman Institute of Medical Genetics. She also served as president of the American Board of Medical Genetics. Research experience includes studies for the National Institutes of Health, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, and the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology.
Lynne Whetsell, MB (ASCP)
- B.S. - Texas A & M University
- The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) in Molecular Biology
Prior to joining the Center for Genetics at Saint Francis, Lynne Whetsell joined the staff at the H.A. Chapman Institute of Medical Genetics in 1988 as technical staff in the Molecular Genetics Section. Ms. Whetsell obtained her NCA certification in Molecular Biology in 1997 and is currently a Member of the Association of Molecular Pathologists.