Saint Francis Genetics
provides genetic counseling to help you and your family better understand a genetic condition. Our geneticist and genetic counselor are valuable resources for families coping with the diagnosis of a genetic condition and for those living with a genetic condition.
Genetic Counseling at Saint Francis
During a genetic counseling session, our genetic counselor may:
- Provide medical information about the condition(s) in question
- Describe patterns of inheritance and assess risks to other family members
- Discuss appropriate genetic testing
- Provide your family with information about educational and supportive resources
- Talk with your family about the emotional, psychological and social consequences of a genetic condition
The goal of genetic counseling is not only risk assessment, but also to explain cause/inheritance of a disorder, availability of testing, prognosis and management/treatment options.
Make an Appointment with Saint Francis Genetics
For more information, or to make an appointment with a genetic specialist, please call 918-502-8365.
We're dedicated to assisting you with insurance authorizations for appropriate testing. Start gathering your relatives' history by printing and completing this family history form
. Bring it with you to your appointment with our genetic specialist.
Physician Referral to Saint Francis Genetics
Physicians may refer a patient for genetic counseling or genetic evaluation by logging into EPIC
or by using our Genetic Referral form