Blood and Marrow Transplant Information Network
2310 Skokie Valley Road, Suite 104
Highland Park, IL 60035
National Foundation for Transplants
5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 430
Memphis, TN 38119
* This organization provides healthcare and financial support services and patient advocacy for transplant candidates, recipients and their families.
National Marrow Donor Program
3001 Broadway Street NE, # 100
Minneapolis, MN 55413-1753
* The National Marrow Donor Program offers information on becoming an unrelated volunteer donor and assistance to families conducting bone marrow donor drives. A patient advocate is available to answer questions and work with patients on insurance issues.
American Cancer Society
Great Plains Division
Attention: Patient Services Department
205 Williams Street NW, Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30329
877-227-1618 and 800-227-2345 - 24-hour cancer information line
4110 South 100 East Avenue
Grant Building, Suite 101
Tulsa, OK 74146
* The American Cancer Society provides a 24-hour, nationwide cancer information line that offers the public up-to-date cancer information and local cancer resources; publishes brochures about various cancers and treatment options and sponsors support groups for cancer patients and their families.
Bethesda, MD 20892-8322
* This organization offers information on cancers, treatment options and clinical trials in your area.
International Foundation, Inc.
100 Park Avenue, Suite 108
Rockville, MD 20850 800-747-2820
* This organization publishes a newsletter and provides educational materials and support groups for aplastic anemia patients. Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Inc.
1801 Willamette Street, Suite 200
Eugene, OR 97401 888-FANCONI (888-326-2664)
* The Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Inc. publishes a newsletter and sponsors a support network for families of Fanconi anemia patients. The Lymphoma Foundation
New York, NY 10128 212-831-5532 The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605 914-949-5213
500 North Broadway, Suite 250
Oklahoma City, OK 73102 405-943-8888 888-828-4572
The International Myeloma Foundation
12650 Riverside Drive, Suite 206
North Hollywood, CA 91607 800-452-CURE (800-452-2873)
Helpful Reading Material
Getting Well Again
, by Carol O. Simonton, M.D., James L. Creighton, Ph.D., Stephanie Matthews-Simonton