A number of highly-qualified urologists practice within Saint Francis Health System. These physicians specialize in the knowledge and skill regarding problems of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Because of the variety of clinical problems encountered, knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology and other specialties is required of the urologist.
The urologist has the training and technological resources to evaluate the conditions and diseases that can affect the urinary system and the medical and surgical tools to optimize its function, treat the conditions and diseases of these organs and enhance an individual’s quality of life.
The urologist reviews problems that may involve symptoms such as:
- Discomfort while urinating
- A sense of difficulty in completely emptying the bladder
- Incontinence – a loss of urinary control
- Hematuria – the appearance of blood in the urine
- The sensation of pain appearing to be related to one of the structures of the urinary tract
- Problems with sexual function
In addition, a urologist is most often the physician who evaluates and recommends treatment for problems with the male prostate.
For a complete list of urology specialists practicing within Saint Francis Health System, please visit the physician directory