Orthopedic specialists at Saint Francis Hospital are committed to providing surgical and non-surgical care for injuries, deformities and disease of the bones, joints, spine, muscles and ligaments.
Our specialists provide treatment options for many common orthopedic problems including:
- Braces and supports can help compensate for injured joint and support weak muscles.
- Casts are used for treatment of many types of fractures, as well as for post-surgical immobilization.
- Rehabilitation is used in some situations as the primary treatment, and in others it is used as an adjunct to another treatment such as surgery. While physical therapy is the best known type of rehabilitation, there can be many different types of rehabilitation.
- Common medications used to treat orthopedic conditions include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Injections are frequently used to administer medications for orthopedic conditions. The most commonly used injection is cortisone; a medication that is easily given with few side effects.
- Surgery is used for treatment of many orthopedic problems. In most situations, surgery is used when other treatments fail to relieve symptoms.
- In arthroscopic surgery small incisions are used and a camera is inserted into a joint to perform the surgical procedure. While not all surgery can be performed arthroscopically, this has become the standard treatment for many common joint problems.