At Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, OK, our orthopedic specialists provide surgical and non-surgical care for injuries, deformities and disease of the bones, joints, spine, muscles and ligaments. Our highly skilled physicians provide a full range of treatment options for many common orthopedic conditions
- Braces and supports - can help compensate for injured joints and support weak muscles.
- Casts - used for treatment of many types of fractures, as well as for post-surgical immobilization.
- Common medications - used to treat orthopedic conditions include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Injections - frequently used to administer medications for orthopedic conditions. The most commonly used injection is cortisone; a medication that is easily given with few side effects.
- Rehabilitation - used in some situations as the primary orthopedic treatment, and in others as an adjunct to another treatment such as surgery. While physical therapy is the best known type of rehabilitation, there can be many different types of rehabilitation.
- Surgery - used for treatment of many orthopedic problems, typically when other orthopedic treatments fail to relieve symptoms. In arthroscopic surgery, Saint Francis surgeons make small incisions and insert a camera into a joint to perform the surgical procedure. While not all surgery can be performed arthroscopically, this has become the standard treatment for many common joint problems.
Our orthopedics team at Saint Francis believes in conservative therapy and will work with you on choosing appropriate treatments.
See an Orthopedic Treatment Specialist
Don't let orthopedic pain slow you down - call 918-488-6688
to make your appointment today.