Saint Francis Hospital was founded by Mr. and Mrs. William K. Warren, Sr. in 1955 and opened its doors in 1960 in what was then the outskirts of Tulsa.
The hospital originally consisted of a six-story building with 275 acute-care beds and 40 newborn beds. It was dedicated on December 3, 1960, with His Eminence, Francis Cardinal Spellman, Archbishop of New York, officiating. In the same year, Mrs. Warren established the Saint Francis Auxiliary to serve the patients and staff.
Saint Francis in the 21st Century
Saint Francis holds dear its mission to extend the presence and healing ministry of Christ to all who seek its services as well as its ties to the Tulsa community. As such, the organization is the only not-for-profit health system still wholly owned and operated in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Saint Francis Hospital, a 1,112-bed tertiary center, includes the region's only children's hospital and level IV neonatal intensive care unit, a 168-bed heart hospital and Tulsa's leading trauma and emergency center.
More About Saint Francis Hospital
To learn more about our services, location or how to contact us, see the links below or call the Saint Francis HealthLink at 918-488-6688