Saint Francis Hospital South offers advanced inpatient and outpatient surgical services. From same-day ear, nose and throat procedures, gall bladder surgery and hernia repair, to critical inpatient procedures, our highly skilled physicians and support staff are among the finest in south Tulsa and Broken Arrow.
Surgical Services For Every Condition
Our full range of surgery procedures and specialties includes:
- ENT (Otolaryngology-Head and Neck) Surgery: Our specialists provide a wide range of surgical treatments and interventions for the ears, nose, throat and related structures of the head and neck.
- General Surgery: From colon and gallbladder, to hernia surgery, Saint Francis Hospital South's board-certified surgeons and staff provide the highest quality surgical services.
- Gynecological Surgery: Our gynecologists provide surgeries to treat a wide range of conditions including abnormal bleeding, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic pain and other gynecological disorders.
- Hand-Elective and Trauma: Saint Francis Hospital South's hand surgeons are dedicated to the treatment of hand disorders and trauma.
- Neuro/Spine: Neuro/spine surgeries at Saint Francis Hospital South range from the traditional to the complex.
- Orthopedic Surgery: Our orthopedic surgeons and staff are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the musculoskeletal system, including specialties in sports medicine and total joint replacements.
- Plastic Surgery: Our team is dedicated to helping patients enhance their appearance and self-esteem using the safest techniques available. Our specialties include liposuction, breast enhancement, breast reconstruction and tummy tucks.
- Urology: Whether we're treating kidney stones, bladder tumors or prostate disease, Saint Francis Hospital South provides patient-centered urologic care of the highest quality.
State-of-the-Art Surgical Facilities
The Surgery Department/Operating Room (OR)
Saint Francis Hospital South's Surgery Department/Operating Room provides a comprehensive scope of surgical and anesthesia services. We treat patients of all ages with four spacious operating rooms.
Professional anesthesia services are provided for Saint Francis Health System, including Saint Francis Hospital South, by members of Associated Anesthesiologists, Incorporated. This includes board-certified anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA).
Saint Francis Hospital South's recovery room consists of nine patient care areas, where our skilled surgical services staff provides comprehensive care to ensure optimal pain control and patient safety. In situations when patients are unable to communicate effectively, pain assessments are conducted using the Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale
. Once patients become more alert and are better able to communicate, our staff continues to closely monitor pain levels by using a number scale.
Dedicated Endoscopy Unit
Our endoscopy unit consists of four procedure rooms and 12 patient rooms, where our expert gastroenterologists and surgeons perform a wide variety of procedures. Highly qualified staff members assist with therapeutic interventions, when needed.
Endoscopy services provided at Saint Francis Hospital South include:
- Esophogastroduedenoscopy (EGD): A minimally invasive procedure used to evaluate, test and treat the esophagus and stomach
- Colonoscopy: The endoscopic examination of the colon and rectum, followed by the removal of polyps, testing and treatment as necessary
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP):An advanced surgical procedure used to diagnose and treat certain problems of the biliary or pancreatic ductal systems
- Esophageal Motility Study: The measurement of esophageal pressure and peristalsis (contraction and relaxation of muscles) to assess the motor function of the upper and lower esophagus
Outpatient Care Unit
The Outpatient Care Unit of Saint Francis Hospital South provides a wide range of surgical services that give patients access to excellent hospital care in an outpatient environment. In our 12-bed unit, specially trained nurses and personnel are equipped to care for a broad range of patient needs.
Outpatient surgical services offered at Saint Francis Hospital South include:
- Pre-Admission Testing: During each patient's pre-admission testing visit, our staff reviews history, physical information and medications. Patients receive pre-operative instructions to help prepare them for surgery and surgical recovery. An anesthesiologist is also available at this time to answer questions and address any concerns.
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Care: Before and after surgery, outpatients receive care in a private room in the Outpatient Care Unit. Our specially trained and compassionate staff focuses on pain management, safety and meeting the needs of patients and their families. Discharge instructions are provided to each patient and their families before discharge.
- Pre- and Post-Heart Catheterization Care: Patients are prepared for their heart catheterization in the Outpatient Care Unit. Skilled staff will also care for patients following their heart catheterization and in preparing for discharge.
- Infusion: The Outpatient Care Unit provides infusion services for patients needing intravenous (IV) infusion of blood, antibiotics, immunotherapy or other medications or injections.
- Pain Management: Saint Francis Hospital South features a procedure room in the Outpatient Care Unit specially dedicated to pain management services. Injections and other pain management procedures are administered by a pain management physician who is assisted by a highly trained and caring staff.
Learn More About Surgery Procedures at Saint Francis Hospital South
For more information please call 918-307-6000
and we'll refer you to the right specialist.