Family Care at Warren Clinic in Tulsa, OK, supports comprehensive wellness from adolescence to old age. Your primary care physician is the medical provider who coordinates your care and helps manage common illnesses while guiding health and wellness. Primary care physicians are sometimes called “gatekeepers,” because they treat most medical problems and direct patients to specialists when needed. Internists, family care doctors and pediatricians are all considered primary care providers.
Primary Care Services to Support Health and Wellness
When you’re healthy and feeling good, your primary care physician will support wellness through annual physical examinations, routine immunizations and general health information. You can rely on our family care physicians to recommend appropriate diagnostic tests or assessment screenings, like a heart stress test or mammogram screening. Patients tend to build a trusting relationship with our family care doctors, as they provide a broad spectrum of primary care services, including:
- Coordination of care with other specialists and medical professionals
- Diagnosis of medical conditions
- Health education
- Management of chronic illness
- Preventative care
- Treatment of acute illness
Primary care physicians serve as the front door to treat all medical concerns. If you are sick, your family care physician will diagnose and treat your condition, including non-emergencies, such as:
- Chronic disease management: Your primary care physician will help you manage chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Cold and Flu: If you have a sore throat or cold symptoms, your primary care physician will help determine whether you are suffering from the common cold, a virus or the flu.
- Infections: Primary care physicians diagnose and treat ear and eye infections, in addition to other common complaints.
- Upset Stomach: Your primary care physician can help determine whether your digestive upset is caused by the flu, or if it is a sign of a more complicated problem that requires a visit to a specialist.
Your primary care physician is your healthcare partner, providing treatment and the resources you need to stay healthy. Having a primary care physician means your wellness is guided by a doctor who knows your medical needs and how they evolve throughout your lifetime.
Learn More About Primary Care at Warren Clinic
Search our physician directory
to find the right doctor for you and your family. Please call us with questions or to schedule a family care appointment at