Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin Type A
) is an injection used to temporarily reduce moderate to severe frown lines between the brows caused by muscle movement over time. Botox is available for both men and women and is administered in a few small injections directly into the muscle. Results are seen within days and can last up to four months. There is no recovery time and normal activity can proceed immediately following the injection.
There are many topics to discuss when considering Botox® Cosmetic. A client's lifestyle, health and wishes are all taken in to consideration. Below are just a few items that are discussed before receiveing a Botox injection at Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery.
- Why is Botox® Cosmetic being considered?
- What are the expectations and desired outcomes of the procedure?
- Discuss the patient's medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments, including current medications, vitamins and herbal supplements as well as alcohol and tobacco use.
Dr. Kevin Kunkel and his staff will use this information to evaluate the patient's general health status and any pre-existing health conditions.
Possible Side Effects Include:
• Dry mouth
• Discomfort or pain at the injection site
• Blepharoptosis (droopy eyelids)
More Serious Side Effects Include:
• Allergic reaction, including an itchy rash or asthma symptoms
• Dizziness and feeling faint
• Trouble swallowing or breathing
Call our office immediately at 918-502-7175 or seek medical attention, if any of these more serious side effects are experienced.
Learn More About Services Offered at the Medical Spa
of Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery
Should you have any questions or need further information on Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery, please call 918-502-7175. Dr. Kunkel and his staff are happy to give you the tools to make the best decision for you and your family.