The revitalizing medical spa
at Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery provides dermal (injectable) fillers, a group of substances used to restore facial contours or reduce the appearance of lines and creases caused by sun damage, heredity and aging. Fillers can plump thin lips, soften facial creases and wrinkles and improve the appearance of recessed scars. Results are generally seen immediately and normal activity can proceed following the injection.
Types of Dermal Fillers We Offer
- Collagen injections: A natural protein that supports the skin. Results may last two to four months.
- Hyaluronic acid: A natural substance found in our bodies. Results may last six months or longer.
- Hydroxylapatite: A mineral-like compound found naturally in human bones. It is the heaviest of facial fillers and is recommended to fill deeper creases such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines and frown lines, as well as to enhance fullness of the cheeks and other facial contours.
- Human fat: Harvested from your own body, human fat can be re-injected to enhance facial fullness, fill deep creases and build up shallow contours. Fat injection requires a more extensive procedure than other injectable fillers because it uses liposuction techniques to extract the fat prior to injection.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) fillers: Recommended for the correction of facial wrinkles known as smile lines.
Are Dermal Fillers Right for You?
There are many factors to discuss when considering dermal fillers. Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery's highly skilled and attentive team, led by Paul A. Berry, M.D.
, and Kevin P. Kunkel, M.D.
, is here to help you make an informed and confident decision. Before proceeding with treatment, they'll take the time to:
- Explore why you're considering dermal fillers and the desired outcome, taking into account your specific condition and lifestyle and personal preferences
- Determine which filler is best for you
- Explain what to expect before and after the procedure
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions, previous surgeries, drug allergies and medical treatments, including current medications, vitamins and herbal supplements, as well as alcohol and tobacco use
- Discuss general and individual risk factors, as well as side effects, most commonly bruising and bleeding at the injection site
Drs. Berry and Kunkel, are board certified and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Why is this important?
Make an Appointment at the Warren Clinic Medical Spa
For more information about our rejuvenating dermal fillers, or to make an appointment, please call 918-502-7175.