Facial peels are used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. It is helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation. They may also remove pre-cancerous skin growths, soften acne facial scars and even control acne. Different peels are used to meet individuals different needs.
Alphahydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Smooths rough, dry skin
- Improves texture of sun-damaged skin
- Aids in the control of acne
- Can be mixed with a bleaching agent to correct pigment problems
- Can be used as a TCA pre-treatment (see TCA information below)
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
- Smooths fine surface wrinkles
- Removes superficial blemishes
- Corrects pigment problems
- Corrects blotches caused by sun exposure, birth-control pills and aging
- Smooths coarse wrinkles
- Removes pre-cancerous growths
There are many topics to discuss when considering facial peels. A client's lifestyle, health and wishes are all taken in to consideration. Below are just a few items that are discussed before receiving dermal fillers at Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery.
- Why is this procedure being considered?
- What are the expectations and desired outcomes of the procedure?
- Which product is best for the client?
- Discuss the patient's medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments, including current medications, vitamins and herbal supplements as well as alcohol and tobacco use.
Dr. Kevin Kunkel and his staff will use this information to evaluate the patient's general health status and any pre-existing health conditions. They will also discuss all side effects, most commonly bruising and bleeding at the injection site, but can vary depending on the filler used.
Kevin Kunkel, M.D., is board certified and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Why is this important?
Learn More About Services Offered at the Medical Spa of Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery
Should you have any questions or need further information on Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery, please call 918-502-7175
. Dr. Kunkel and his staff are happy to give you the tools to make the best decision for you and your family.