The revitalizing medical spa
at Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery offers facial peels to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. Chemical peels are helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation. They may also remove pre-cancerous skin growths, soften acne facial scars and even control acne. Different peels are used to meet the unique needs of each individual.
Types of Chemical Peels We Offer
Alphahydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Smooths rough, dry skin
- Improves texture of sun-damaged skin
- Aids in the control of acne
- Can be mixed with a bleaching agent to correct pigment problems
- Can be used as a TCA pre-treatment (see below)
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
- Smooths fine surface wrinkles
- Removes superficial blemishes
- Corrects pigment problems
- Corrects blotches caused by sun exposure, birth-control pills and aging
- Smooths coarse wrinkles
- Removes pre-cancerous growths
Is a Facial Peel Right for You?
There are many factors to discuss when considering a chemical peel. Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery's highly skilled and attentive team, led by Paul A. Berry, M.D.
, and Kevin P. Kunkel, M.D.
, is here to help you make an informed decision. Before proceeding with treatment, they'll take the time to:
- Explore why you're considering a facial peel and the desired outcome, taking into account your specific condition and lifestyle and personal preferences
- Determine which facial peel is best for you
- Explain what to expect before and after the procedure
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions, previous surgeries, drug allergies and medical treatments, including current medications, vitamins and herbal supplements, as well as alcohol and tobacco use
- Discuss general and individual risk factors, as well as side effects, most commonly bruising and bleeding at the injection site, but these can vary depending on the filler used
Drs. Berry and Kunkel, are board certified and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Why is this important?
Make an Appointment at the Warren Clinic Medical Spa
For more information about our rejuvenating facial peels, or to make an appointment, please call 918-502-7175.,/strong>