The revitalizing medical spa
at Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery offers a full range of minimally invasive
laser vein treatment options to eliminate unsightly spider and varicose veins. The procedures are completed on an outpatient basis and most people resume their normal activities the next day.
Types of Laser Vein Treatments We Offer
- Sclerotherapy or chemical ablation: A chemical is injected into a damaged vein. This will scar the vein so that it will no longer be able to carry blood. It is a short office procedure.
- Raiofrequency or laser ablation: This procedure uses heat or light energy to seal the vein closed so that there is no longer any backflow of blood. Energy from the laser or radiofrequency device then closes the vein.
- Phlebectomy: This surgery is used to remove larger veins that cannot be injected. The doctor will make many small incisions to access each varicose vein. The vein will either be tied off or removed. This procedure is the longest, generally taking two to four hours.
Is Laser Vein Treatment Right for You?
There are many factors to discuss when considering spider and varicose vein removal. Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery's highly skilled and attentive team, led by Paul A. Berry, M.D.
, and Kevin P. Kunkel, M.D.
, is here to help you make an informed decision. Before proceeding with treatment, they'll take the time to:
- Explore why you're considering laser vein treatment and the desired outcome, taking into account your specific condition and lifestyle and personal preferences
- Determine which approach is best for you
- Explain what to expect before and after the procedure
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions, previous surgeries, drug allergies and medical treatments, including current medications, vitamins and herbal supplements, as well as alcohol and tobacco use
- Discuss general and individual risk factors, as well as all possible side effects
Drs. Berry and Kunkel, are board certified and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Why is this important?
Make an Appointment at the Warren Clinic Medical Spa
For more information about our spider and varicose vein removal options, or to make an appointment, please call 918-502-7175.