Before undergoing surgery requiring sedation or general anesthesia, a full medical history including diagnostic tests may be recommended. Part of this medical history requires that you provide candid answers to questions about your general state of health, including:
- A full disclosure of health history including any illness, prior surgery of any kind and complications from prior surgery
- All types of allergies and any reaction to prior anesthesia
- Current medications, the use of vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- The use of oral contraceptives by women
Before surgery, you must follow all of your plastic surgeon's instructions. This may include:
- Cessation of smoking
- Stop taking certain types of medications that may increase your risk of abnormal bleeding
On the day of surgery, you may be asked to:
- Avoid eating or drinking anything within a defined time period prior to surgery.
Follow all postoperative instructions carefully, including cleansing and at-home treatment regimens and avoid sun exposure. Your cooperation will inﬂuence the outcome of your surgery.
Like with all medical procedures, there are risks involved. Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery works with patients and a patient’s physician to ensure a procedure is the right option. Questions and discussion are strongly encouraged and Dr. Kevin Kunkel schedules adequate time to talk with each patient.
Learn More About Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery
Should you have any questions or need further information on Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery, please call 918-502-7175
. Dr. Kunkel and his staff are happy to give you the tools to make the best decision for you and your family.