As weight is gained, the skin is stretched. Over time the skin can lose elasticity, leaving it unable to shrink as the weight is lost. Many men and women work very hard to achieve a healthy weight, only to be left with unsightly loose folds of skin that can be heavy and cause hygiene and health problems.
Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery
can help. We specialize in body contouring (body sculpting surgery), a procedure following major weight loss to remove excess skin from the body and improve the tone of underlying tissue.
Your Body Sculpting Surgery Consultation
There are many factors to discuss when considering body contouring surgery. Warren Clinic Plastic Surgery's highly skilled and attentive team, led by Paul A. Berry, M.D., and Kevin P. Kunkel, M.D., is here to help you make an informed and confident decision. During an initial consultation, we'll take time to:
- Explore why you're considering body contouring surgery and the desired outcome, taking into account your specific condition and lifestyle and personal preferences
- Explain what to expect before and after the procedure
- Understand when the weight loss began and how long you've been at a stable weight
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions, previous surgeries, drug allergies and medical treatments, including current medications, vitamins and herbal supplements, as well as alcohol and tobacco use
- Discuss general and individual risk factors, as well as potential complications
If it is decided that body contouring is right for you, photographs will be
taken for your medical record.
Drs. Berry and Kunkel are board certified and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Why is this important?
Make An Appointment with a Skilled Cosmetic Surgeon
For more information about body sculpting, or to make an appointment with one of our specialists, please call 918-502-7175.